Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pictures!

Kids-
I have posted my Fiji pictures on Facebook. I don't know a better way to get them out there. I am open to suggestions. There were some amazing sites to see there, and hell yes to the underwater camrea.
I am on my third day in Sydney and I have finally booked a hostel. I will be moving in today and spending a week there. Then? I might move out to the beaches. I will be right in the center of the nightlife area where there a lot of hostels and young people. Should be interesting as it will be my first real hostel stay. Ever.
Sydney so far is amazing. It's a perfect combination of the best things from every city I have ever loved. The diversity is like LA. The people are all young(and mostly good looking). The landscape downtown is like Chicago. The city has distinct neighborhoods like San Fran. The residential streets are narrow and historic feeling like Buenos Aires was. It's incredibly walkable, but huge at the same time. I have yet to check out the beaches, but I hear they are sick. Can't wait.
The city has really surprised me with it's diversity. I have never heard so many different languages in one place. Not even LA. It's a very worldly place. A lot of Asian cultures have taken a liking to it, and the city practically has laws that prevent them from taking over.
I have always felt that life is all about balance and apparently Kit Kat agrees. It's on their wrapper. But I am trying to stay in balance and keeping myself level headed. I don't want to spend too much time in one place just yet and am anxious to travel and see the rest of the country.

No comments: